Knitterly Things Meme and Flowers
Ten Knitterly Things You May Not Know About Me
1. My aunt taught me to knit when I was about ten. She taught me on chopsticks because that's all she had in the house at the time.
2. I love lace. Okay, so you probably did actually know that, but I also used to tat and crochet lace. I'd love to try bobbin lace.
3. I love to challenge myself in my knitting. I see something I want to try and I just try it.
4. I learn techniques much better from a book and trying it than someone showing me.
5. I knit continental.
6. I've only been knitting again just over two years.
7. I have been known to rip almost an entire sweater because I wasn't happy with my stitches. To my husband's dismay, my perfectionist streak does not carry over to housework.
8. I'm allergic to mohair. My sinuses get all swollen and hurt. I know this only from spinning; I don't know if it carries over to yarn. I don't think I'd ever try an all mohair yarn, but I really want to try Shaeffer Anne sock yarn, such pretty colors. It's only 25% mohair and it would eventually be on my feet. That shouldn't affect my sinuses, right?
9. I do wear the shawls I make. I don't do much in the way of fancy so I usually just wear them over a nice tank or shirt with jeans. The triangular shawls and rectangular stoles I wear draped over the shoulders and loosely tied in front. I wear them to the library, the grocery store, my kids' Tae Kwon Do class, wherever.
10. My goal in knitting is to design and knit a huge, intricate Shetland type shawl.
Okay, you've suffered enough. For those interested, the flowers are a moon flower, two morning glories and a couple of pansies.