Friday, February 27, 2009

Greta!

Okay, folks, you know you're having a bad photography week when you have to resort to the "least crappy" photo. This shawl is beautiful, but apparently she's not very photogenic. At least not in the lighting that has been available to me the last few days. I'll keep trying to get better photos, but I really want to show her off. (I love the way NB names her shawls. "Greta" sounds so graceful.)


The close-ups are a bit better:

Those nupps (rhymes with "soups") really pop out when blocked, don't they. And the edging is my favorite:


The specs:
Pattern: Greta Garbo Shawl Kit from the Wooly West
Yarn: Nordic Lites in Linganberry
Needles: size 5
Size: around 60" across the top and 30" down the middle
She's a bit smaller than she was supposed to be. I should have gotten a third skein of yarn and moved up a needle size, but she's okay, I guess. I'm 5'7", so I like my shawls to be a little on the big side.

I've been working on the Kimono Top. It's coming along. It adds to speed when half the stitches on each RS row are slipped instead of knitted. I've been working on some other stuff, so I'm not further along. I'll tell you what my kitchen smells like and maybe you'll excuse the slack knitting - freshly baked bread and geranium oil. The bread smell is sort of obvious, but as for the geranium oil, I made up some wonderfully fragranced face cream yesterday with almond, jojoba and rose hip oils, beeswax, and lavender and rose geranium essential oils. It's really nice and my skin feels nice and soft.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Pretty! The sharp angles of the squares are surprisingly appealing and the nupps really make the pattern pop, don't they?

10:14 AM  
Blogger Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Beautiful shawl. Would you like to give us the recipe for the cream you made?

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Now to see it in person on Monday!

4:05 PM  
Blogger stringplay said...

Oh, my! This is just absolutely beautiful! (And even as I type that I think the sentence does not do enough to convey the meaning.) Love the close-ups, too. Just perfect.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous and I love the color of the yarn (but I always love the colors that you pick. I think we have the same taste in color.)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Greta if absolutely lovely! I especially love the hearts around the edge. I had only seen it in the off-white, but that pink is beautiful.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Gorgeous!!! (Nups is noops? Seriously? Nobody ever told me that before!)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

great is gorgeous! i love her.

but you make your own face cream?! wow...

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home