Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know, a day early. I know it's really Friday the 13th, but I've actually always had pretty good luck on that day. I'm a big believer that if you believe you're going to have bad luck, you certainly will. I'm not saying there aren't days where bad luck just seems to find you no matter what, I'm just saying, there's no point in looking for bad luck to happen.

I'd actually hoped to have the Greta Garbo done and all blocked out by tomorrow, but the best laid plans and all that. I got sidetracked by a family-wide stomach bug. We were pretty much laid low for most of last weekend and the first part of this week. Not too much knitting got done. I had made progress before that though and it really shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.


It really is a very rich red and I know you can't really tell much about what pretty much looks like solid blocks there, but they're full of nupps in heart designs, and when stretched out, those nupps really pop out. It will look very pretty when finished and I might have some new earrings to go with it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Glad you're all feeling better! My brother's family got hit by something similar right before Christmas.

Greta Garbo is gorgeous!!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

So sorry you were under the weather, but glad you're improving. You've still made amazing progress on Greta. That is such a great color for the hearts. I can't wait to see it finished.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i'm so sorry to hear about the flu! i'm glad everyone is feeling better now. i can't wait to see greta blocked. :)

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and your family are better! Looking forward to seeing Greta again.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is already gorgeous, a good cheering-up when you don't feel well, knowing that that's coming along.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home