Monday, January 26, 2009

Greta Garbo Shawl

I started a new shawl. It's the Greta Garbo Shawl from Nancy Bush. It was originally supposed to be in the Estonian Lace Knitting book and I was very disappointed when I got the book and realized it wasn't in there. I was very pleased, however, to find out it was available as a kit (and 8 pages of pattern). It's a beautiful shawl and I love the color I chose. The color is funny though. It looks a deep red in some light and it has an orangish tint in other lights. It's very pretty though and I thought it appropriate for a shawl with hearts, just in time for Valentine's Day.


I've also been doing a little cooking here and there. Here is a picture of caramel corn made with maple syrup and toasted pecans and almonds. It was really good.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Pretty shawl!

That maple caramel corn sounds very intriguing!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I saw the original at my class - very, very pretty! I've got my eye on the kit as well. Nancy was very unhappy about the glitch that put the picture in, but not the pattern. Care to share your recipe for the caramel corn? It looks so yummy.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

what a pretty shawl! that popcorn sure does look decadent. :)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home