Sunday, December 28, 2008

Magickal Earth Shawl

Wow, she's finished and blocked and HUGE! Here she is in all her glory:

The color's a bit more accurate on this one, though the grey may even be a little lighter; it's showing up a bit too dark on my monitor:

(Click on the pictures for close-ups!)
Specs:
Started: March 1, 2008
Finished: December 26, 2008
Size: about 60 inches square
Needle size: Size 2 (3.00mm)
Yarn: Zephyr in Pewter
Pattern: Magickal Earth by Sandy Terp in Gathering of Lace

This shawl is probably the one I've most wanted to do since I started knitting lace. Gathering of Lace was the first lace book I purchased, and Frost Flowers and Leaves (finished earlier this year) and Magickal Earth immediately caught my eye. (I love unicorns and Celtic Knots.) I had to build the confidence to tackle this one though. Having done this one now, I'm pretty confident in most lace projects now (well, except for the Raku Suri Stole, but I was stupid enough to immediately try another lace project when I'm pretty sure I need a little bit of a lace break). Anyway, I think I'm going to try and finish up a couple of small projects, then maybe tackle the Raku Suri. Meanwhile, I'm going to show off my new shawl tonight at my Sit 'N' Knit and guild next week. New shawls make me very happy.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Absolutely stunning!! Yay for you!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

W O W !!!!! My stars. That is breathtaking. WOW!!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

that is GORGEOUS! i'm just in awe! i'm still hoping i can accomplish the frost flowers & leaves.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

All I can say is WOW! WOW! What an heirloom this will be.

7:22 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is a work of art. Gorgeous and heirloom for the future. Wow!

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another beautiful shawl! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it is awesome!!!!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations! That is stunning!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home