Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Unicorns!

I have been weaving a bit, but I've also been working pretty exclusively (as far as knitting goes) on the Magickal Earth Shawl. I have unicorn legs:

I'm nearly halfway through the unicorn pattern. I really like that this shawl is getting smaller and smaller. The rounds are going much quicker now. I may even finish by the end of the year! (Maybe, unless I get distracted by something else, which is always possible.)

As I said I've also been weaving. This is the beginning of a Christmas towel.

I'm just doing red and green stripes in a 3-1 twill (broken up by white basket weave). I'm still working on keeping my edges neat and even. I'm also trying to work on an even beat. Weaving is pretty fast; it only took me about 20 minutes to do the 3-1/2 long pattern (it's about 12 inches across). There is something to be said for completing whole rows with a single pass of the shuttle and not having to form individual stitches. I'm really wanting to finish off this warp though; I am itching to make a sock yarn scarf or two.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Do you read KitKatKnit? She just got a loom, too.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

yay for unicorn legs!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home