Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Warning, there is a picture of a real spider at the end of the post. Thought I'd put that for the squeamish out there. Not that I love spiders myself, but as a budding weaver, I have developed a fascination with their web weaving abilities and this little guy was working hard a couple of weeks ago, and I grabbed the camera. Thought I'd save the picture for Halloween. If you're having trouble seeing the web, just click on the picture for an extreme closeup.

Anyway, just to give people a little more warning before the spidey picture, I'll tell you guys that the loom did fit! It's all set up in the basement now. I've tied on the tie-ons, and I still need to tie on the apron bars and put on all the heddles. Then I have to put together the bench. Hopefully I'll finish all that this weekend (now that I've finished Halloween costumes) and be able to warp the loom. I also bought several kits from Yarn Barn at the same time as the loom, so maybe I'll be off and running early next week!

So, here's the picture of Mr. (or perhaps Mrs.) Spidey. Happy Halloween!

4 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

What a cool lookin' spider! I'm so glad you got your loom set up. Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!

Happy Halloween!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Arachne! :) Glad the loom fit! Happy Halloween. :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That's one big, honkin' Spidey...yuck! Beautiful web tho :)

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I am somewhat arachnaphobic, but only if the spider is *ON* me. Otherwise, I admit I'm somewhat fascinated by them - and this one is pretty!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home