Monday, August 11, 2008

Goodies!

Opal has been very busy with her etsy shop lately, spinning up some lovely handspun and making lovely stitch markers. I had to have these:

Couldn't believe they arrived already. I just ordered them Wednesday and they came all the way from Hawaii!

Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while might vaguely recall the next project. I started it around this time two years ago and have given it up twice so far when the miles and miles (seems like it anyway) of moss stitch just gets to be way too much for me. But, there's a chill in the air the last few days (truly seems a little early in the year for fall in Virginia!) and I decided this is the year it gets finished. The Hex Coat!


I pulled it out and realized that I wasn't actually that far from the armholes on the back. So now, I'm about to bind off the back and will only have to suffer through the sleeves. Of course, there are all those hexagons that go on front, but those actually look pretty interesting. Of course, we'll see how I feel about those once I get to the twentieth one.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

What lovely markers!

Yowza. That's a lot of seed stitch. More power to you!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I remember the Hex Coat! :-) I'm glad to see it's back. And aren't you glad the most tedious part is done already? (I'm thinking the hexagons will be kind of fun to do.)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home