Tuesday, August 05, 2008

New Fiber

I know, two days, two posts, but I had to show off my newest acquisition. I've actually tried to stay out of yarn stores because of my ever-increasing stash and what happens, our guild has a local dyer to come in and give a talk and share her wares. *Sigh* Seriously, how could I resist these shades of purple?

These are merino silk blends, so the picture does not truly show the richness and depth of color. They are from Neighborhood Fiber Co. run by Karida who is really cool and admitted to loving pink and purple, for which I am grateful. If you're on Ravelry, look up her stuff under yarn and see some of the beautiful color combinations. She calls each colorway by a DC neighborhood. The ones pictured above are "Truxton Circle" (the shades of purple), "Adams Morgan" (purple, bright pink and black), and "Dupont Circle" (pink and purple).

Now, to find the time to spin up some of my fiber. *Sigh*

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ClaireLeah said...

I got some of her yarn too (already spun) - and I already have some from MD sheep and wool - I think it's a disease :)

Enjoy spinning that lovely roving!

BTW - congrats on the new pet!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous purples! Oh I love it all.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Purple purple purple!!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home