Sunday, May 25, 2008

Time does fly, doesn't it? I'm still plodding along on the Magickal Earth, but for sanity's sake, I had to find a little instant gratification. I've been working on some medieval mini relic bags from a pattern I got at the S&W. I've now nearly finished this heart one, but here it is in the beginning stages:

I've finished the knitting now and will post again after I sew up the bottom and put on the tassels and cord. I've started another one in green and white.

Something else I've done recently has nothing to do with knitting. I painted this at one of those paint-your-own clay figure places. I thought about painting him red, but purple won out (I know, you're shocked).


I've also started a new project, but since it's sort of a wing-it-as-you-go type of thing, I'm not sure I like it yet or not. Anyway, I'm still here; I'll try to surface at least occasionally to say hi.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

I really like your dragon, it's very cool, and no, it's not surprising that he's purple. ;)

2:58 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

While I really like how your mini relic bag is coming out, your dragon is too cool! It's such a shocker to hear you picked purple. :-P

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painting is a nice break from needlework, isn't it? Love the dragon.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thair bee dragons!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your dragon is fabulous!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dragon is super cool and rather fierce actually.

And the bag is pretty and really sweet. However, I still can't believe that you are tackling that Magical Earth shawl. It will be incredible when finished... but goodness- what a project to take on! And to think- I can hardly finish a sweater at the moment!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home