Wednesday, February 06, 2008

WIP Wednesday

Yes, I've been out of blogland for a while. It's not that I haven't been knitting; it's that the knitting doesn't look much different.

As much as I keep knitting on Frost Flowers and Leaves, it just doesn't seem to grow. Okay, it actually does grow, just very slowly. Anyway, that's what I've mostly been working on. Doesn't really make for great blogging when it just looks the same week after week though.

I've also been spinning a bit, but it's also going pretty slowly. As it's going to be a two-ply laceweight, that's not a big surprise. And because it's black (along with reds and purples) I can only really work on it when it's sort of sunny outside so I can see what I'm doing. That's not going to be today since it's cloudy with a possibility of bad weather.

I'll try to hang out in blogland a little more and catch up on some blog reading!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I'm glad you're still around. Yes, lace can be hard to blog about. I'm working on the never ending border to the Garden Path Shawl - not too photogenic at all, just a lump. You just have to hang in for the blocking pictures!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I was just wondering where you were and hoping everything was ok! :) Hee hee - Imbrium at Nerd Knits is working on what she calls the endless scarf and endless boringness, and she's started to photograph it next to things to show that it's actually growing. Yesterday it was her cd rack; today, her leg. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger margene said...

You are missed! The shawl is so gorgeous!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean... big lace projects are very hard to photograph while they're still in progress. It's hard to make them look like anything but deflated balloons. ;-) Still, at least I can tell it's growing!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful lace, it makes me itch to do some myself.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

So good to hear from you! I love the way FF&L is turning out. It's making me eager to do one of my own.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's glorious!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Nice to hear from you Alison! Missed you! :)

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I was wondering where you were---

The shawl looks awesome, but I agree- my pi shawl has gone into the black hole of nothingness and I wonder if it will ever really be done....

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home