Friday, November 16, 2007

Spindles

Not too much to show. I've been working on the FF&L, the two pairs of socks and I've been spinning a bit on the wheel. But I took some pictures of most of my spindles for one of the Ravelry boards and thought I'd show them off here, too.

These are my Goldings:

The Celtic Ring on the left was my very first spindle. I got it at my first Maryland Sheep and Wool. Needless to say, when I decided I needed a laceweight, I went straight to the Golding booth the next year (and this year). The Le Fleur was an anniversary gift from my husband last year. The laceweights are all purpleheart.

These are my two Bossies, both the mini (I think that's what they're called):

The one on the left is Paduak and the one on the right is Purpleheart.

They are all such beautiful pieces of work that they are displayed on my bookshelf when not in use. Most of them have yarn in progress on them.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I always love seeing beautiful spindles.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful pieces of art.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

You just can't beat functional art. :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Even though I don't spin, I think they're pretty!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're beautiful!

1:35 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

I don't spin either, but I think they're quite lovely!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My midi Bosworth is my very favorite spindle. And that's saying something, considering some of the others next to it in the spindle basket...

That's a very nice Golding collection you've got going there. I was looking at one at Rhinebeck but I got yelled at by Mrs. Golding (I think?) so I put it down and walked away. Alas.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home