Monday, October 15, 2007

WIP Monday

I've finally reached the edging of the Cap Shawl. I'm now about 10% done with the edging.

Keep in mind there are 738 stitches on the last round of the shawl and edging has to be attached to each stitch and there is a row of edging between each attached stitch row. I could look at it and say, "Wow, I'm over 80% of the way done with the shawl." Yes, I am the type of person that sees the glass as half empty, why do you ask?

Someone asked me last night at the Sit 'n' Knit exactly how many shawls had I done and I was trying to count up in my head and my fingers. I ended up estimating 15. The Cap Shawl will, in fact, be my fifteenth shawl (counting shawlettes). And yes, I wear them all (except for the four I've given to family). And yes, I will be making more.

I've also been doing a bit of spinning.

I really wish I could capture this yarn properly. It is predominately purples, with black and hints of bright red/pink and it will be a 2-ply laceweight when I'm done and will probably make a lovely shawl of some sort. I just have to see how much I'll have when done. I have maybe a third of the first bobbin done though. But I've been trying to spin for a few minutes every day while there's good light.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Cap Shawl looks gorgeous! Congrats on reaching the edging.

On the Light Rail coming back from Stitches on Saturday, Linda S. asked me how many shawls I have. I lost count at 17 that are mine, plus five I've given to Mom and friends. I did just realize that I missed at least one in the count, so it's 18 or more!

I'm stuck in Sock Purgatory (must finish swap socks by 10/30), but I'm still working on a Halloween Mystery shawl when I can fit it in--charcoal Zephyr with "Witches Brew" bead mix (black/grey, some frosted, some shiny, some AB). It's pretty.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that's a lot of shawls! Um, I've knit... wow, 6 - although not one of those was half as fancy as the ones you do! Most were simple things, like the Spiral Nebula Shawl or other garter stitch shawls.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Prachi said...

Beautiful! It's going to be a gorgeous and riotous shawl. And it will join august company - all the others you've knit have been glorious.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

The Cap shawl is lovely, that long slog thru the edging will be so worth it :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Wow! Fifteen shawls is quite an accomplishment! Your Cap Shawl is gorgeous, BTW. :)

I wish photographing reds and purples were easier too. I bet that yarn is even more beautiful in person then it is in the picture.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See now, this is why I avoid the math.

What beautiful spinning!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oooh, I remember being at that stage with the Cap Shawl. But the edging went really fast because it was so exciting to see the pattern emerge as it came off the needles...yours will be beautiful in that lovely color!tv

1:12 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Oh how I wish I had the patience to knit a real lace weight shawl. Don't even mention the yarn spinning, LOL! That cap shawl is going to be beautiful!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is looking beautiful!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home