Wednesday, September 05, 2007

WIP Wednesday - Cap Shawl

I've made a little progress on the Cap Shawl. I am now up to over 600 stitches per round which means that although I have done 136 rows and only have 38 rows left plus the edging, I actually only have about half the shawl done. (Yes, I've been a geek and gone into Excel and actually did all the math. I can't help it; but it's not always a good thing.) Anyway, here's the shawl:


Since this is taking so very long, I'm probably going to be digging out a hibernating project. I started the Hex Coat from Knitting Nature last year, but never finished, but now that there's a chill in the air, it seems appropriate. Besides, I really want to start a Tilted Duster (from the cover of the current IK AND also by Norah Gaughan) and though I usually have several projects going at once, usually it's just two or three shawls, one sweater and one pair of socks. So, I've got a sweater to finish before starting a new one.

And then there's the new Veronik Avery book. Wow. At first glance, I only found a couple of patterns that I really liked, but the more I look through it, the more I really want to do! The woolen cashmere twinset, the Faeroese sweater (in different colors), the graphic hoodie, and most especially the Fair Isle cardigan to name a few new items in the queue.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Yikes, that's just masochistic to figure that out. Those are things I'd just as soon not know. I loved the Tilted Duster so much is was a temptation not to throw caution to the wind, head on down to the yarn store with my credit card and cast on while driving home! However, common sense prevailed. But now that you mention it, I do think I'll put it in my queue. I do hope you do it now, so I can live vicariously through you - once more!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Told ya' so! They're like tumors, growing unchecked...

At least you did the math, so you know what you're getting into. I'm afraid to do that with my circular shawl. Might lead me to do something I'll later regret...

Blessings!

11:26 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

That is going to be beautiful! I'm in a red mood lately :)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your Cap Shawl. I'm so impressed that you're doing this one after slogging through the Hexagon! ;-)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that sweater from the new Interwevae too. And I like the Hex coat, I'm glad you're going back to that!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I love how this shawl is turning out!

3:40 PM  
Blogger LUL said...

It looks great. I never did the math thing, was scared it would make me give up!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

The shawl is beautiful! I admire you're nifty math skills. I really have no idea on how to go about figuring out that type of thing.

Can't wait to see you finish the Hex Coat. That's one sweater I'd really like to do for myself.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you know I was always told that math was my friend, but in instances like this, I don't hardly believe it.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The Cap Shawl is coming along beautifully! The math can be depressing, but I do it too.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

That is *such* a gorgeous shawl!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home