Monday, October 01, 2007

Socktoberfest!

Before the socks, I went on a county farm tour Saturday. One of the farms was an alpaca farm.

Don't you just love alpacas? They are so very cute and so soft!

Anyway, the socks. Socktoberfest is upon us and it's going to be a laid-back affair this year. I've already begun my socks:

This is some of the Lang Jawoll I've gotten recently. The pattern is from Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Sock Knitting Book, the Zigzag Socks. Only I'm doing them toe-up to get them as long as possible. Those are my new Knitpicks Harmony Needles. I really like these needles. They are size 0s, but I do not feel like I'm about to break them (and I'm a pretty tight knitter for my socks). They are very sturdy and very pretty. I haven't been visually distracted by the different colors.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Pretty socks!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Adorable alpaca! And pretty socks. :)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Very pretty! The only trouble I've had with the new Harmony needles is that they exactly match the yarn I'm using now, so it's kind of hard to seem them. But I do love them - will buy more. I agree that they are very stable.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Lovely socks and great needles! They almost make me wish I used DPNs.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are seriously awesome- and the alpaca is sooooo cute!!!!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful sock! M says I can't have a pet alpaca. Very sad.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! Given that I'm about to start a black shawl and the needles immediately to hand in the size I want are...what else...black, those Harmonys look especially good right now.

Another gorgeous sock showing up on your blog. You do seriously nice work (wrote the sockknitterwannabe).

1:46 AM  
Blogger kimberly said...

Gorgeous socks! oh and I love alpacas too.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home