Monday, September 17, 2007

New Sock and a Little New Yarn

I went to a little event in PA this weekend called Knitter's Day Out. It's a smallish event where you can take classes and go to the market. It was my first year there and I went with a friend (who, by the way, has FINALLY posted a couple of her lovely shawls and socks, after much harassment from me:-). I didn't take any classes and she did, but it was nice weather to sit outside and just knit. The problem was I had brought only two projects with me. I'm completely and totally sick of 600 stitches per round on the cap shawl and as much as I'm going to love the completed Hex Coat, 100 more rows of knit 1, purl 1 for the back to the armhole decreases just did not appeal to me at that moment. I needed something that could be completed pretty quickly, a quick fix, something to show I've actually made progress on something. Okay, I got sock yarn Friday night. But I didn't have any sock needles with me. I finally found a set of size 0s (my usual size) in bamboo. Me using bamboo that small. Hmm. I was desperate, so I bought them. You know what. I haven't broken them yet.

Trekking in what I'm assuming is a fairly new colorway since I haven't come across it before. I also got this Trekking which is much prettier in person with pinks, browns, burgundies and just a little grey.


I also got a couple of others:


(See, Chris, I still really like purple. That black and purple tweed, which comes with black reinforcement thread, is Lang Yarns, Jawoll Superwash, in case you're wondering.)

I may have picked up some patterns for this pretty shawl (click on the picture for more detail) and some felted animals. (Scroll down for the sheep and llamas/alpacas. Too cute!) I also found a darning egg which I forgot to take a picture of and I'm too lazy to do it now.

Anyway, I had fun, met a couple of Ravelryers, ran into several guild members and got a good chunk of a sock done.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, pretty. And it sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

That shawl is gorgeous! What fun...

Blessings!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Love the yarn. Love the shawl. And the felted animals? *squee!* I'm so into felted animals right now!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love the shawl and the new socks!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Whew! I was worried! I have the black & purple Jawoll... What colorway of Trekking is that you're knitting?! How intriguing... Sounds like you had a great time!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

That shawl pattern is fantastically gorgeous!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like new sock yarn for a quick pick-me-up, is there? :-)

And I like that Trekking! I think you're right about new colorways. I don't know what this new series is called, but it's gorgeous. Subtle and lovely.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I like the sock, very pretty. And that shawl pattern is amazing!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home