Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cap Shawl Pictures

First of all, it is really difficult capturing this shawl. The modeled shots weren't really all that great because you couldn't really see the shawl. The blocked shots don't really show the color well or the beauty that is this shawl. I took well over a dozen pictures and still wasn't completely happy with any of them. It really is a gorgeous shawl and even worth every darn minute of the edging. I'll try to convey a little bit of how pretty this shawl is. First blocked:

I'm not used to not using my blocking wires. It took me a while and I didn't have a single pin left over. That's right, I had exactly enough pins for every point. I didn't have to brave the basement hoping to find another one.

Details:
Pattern: Cap Shawl from Victorian Lace Today
Needles: Size 6s
Yarn: Cashwool
Size: around 60 inches which is smaller than in VLT, but I used smaller needles.

A little more on what's next later. (Mainly because I'm really not sure what's next myself. I need to find something to work on before Sit and Knit tonight.)

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Oooh. I think you captured the beauty of that shawl just fine. It's gorgeous!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow. Just... wow. :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Gorgeous!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Chris took my immediate reaction. It's breathtaking! And aweinspiring! Great work!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's lovely Alison!

I miss you, you never visit me any more! :(

4:18 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

gorgeous! i love that shawl - it's one of several from victorian lace today i really want to knit - if i'm ever brave enough!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is truly stunning! Love it.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Looks as if all the superlatives have been taking. It really is beautiful. You did an amazing job blocking it. I haven't done a circular shawl and getting that exact circular must have been challenging. Can't wait to see what you do next!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! What an incredible shawl! Amazing work.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, pleasepleaseplease do show us the modeled shots, even if the details are hard to see... I'm so curious to see how this beauty looks when unpinned and unfurled. :-)

p.s. Where do you get the stamina? ;-) I'm thinking about doing this one or the hexagon shawl, but I wonder if I'd actually make it to the end or not.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow that is simply gorgeous.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Very beautiful! This shawl has beaten several knitters; I'm glad to see you vanquished it.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I hope to see it in person one day! (but I'm missing guild this month -- poot!)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

It's gorgeous!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Gorgeous!

1:43 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

wow, that's beautiful

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome... just awesome. You are an incredible lace knitter (but we knew that already, eh?)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Nice work, babe!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

It's really lovely! Great job.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home