Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Munchkin Socks

Here are the new munchkin socks I'm making.

This is my third try. I started them on size 0s and cast on 60 stitches thinking it would work. Apparently, I was getting a gauge of 11 stitches per inch with this yarn (Knitpicks Essential in African Violet and Petunia) which made them too small for either kid. Okay, so I moved up to size 1s and cast on the same number of stitches. What the hey? I was still getting 11 stitches per inch. Huh? The 1s are in fact bigger than the 0s. Mmm. Okay, apparently the yarn wants to be 11 stitches per inch, so I cast on more stitches. Now, they might be too big. *sigh* If they are, they'll grow into them.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

They are really beautiful despite the gauge issues.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Gauge lies. We all know that! You can also knit for hours and have your lace be the exact same length it was when you started. Two of the mysteries of knitting.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You have entered the Knitting Twilight Zone!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that your own pattern? It's really pretty. :-)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gauge and color work always cause me problems too. They are goin to be beautiful though.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh how frustrating! I'm sure you'll get it right and it will all be worth it. That is one gorgeous sock!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Despite your gauge issues, those are some snazzy looking socks!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous, as are the ones before them.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I've had that happen--so frustrating! They are very pretty though.

Thanks for the info on the Vogue sock book you emailed me.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Pretty! I'm sure they'll end up fitting SOMEone. :-)

11:05 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

These are gorgeous!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home