Monday, November 05, 2007

Zigzag Socks

I have made a bit of progress on Frost Flowers and Leaves, but I'll wait to show you until I switch to a longer cable so I can spread it out. For now, I decided I really wanted to finish my almost-finished zigzag socks. So I did.

Here's a close-up:

They're not quite as long in the leg as I like my socks to be, but I made the toe-up and got the absolute most I could out of the yarn. I might have gotten a few more rounds if I had tried, but not many.
Anyway, the specs:
Pattern: I used the zigzag pattern from page 105 of Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Sock Book, but to my own basic toe-up pattern
Needle size: my usual 0s
Yarn: Lang Yarns Jawoll in purple

I have some new socks started, but I only have the cuff. My oldest is not subtle. The other day, she sighs heavily, "I wish I had some warm, wooly socks to keep my feet warm." So I have two small pair I need to make.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Not subtle at all! :) Cute socks!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. And they look like they might be nice and stretchy, too...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Lovely! They look so nice and cushy.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hahaha! My mom used that exact method of sock-wheedling on me. It worked or her.

Those zigzags look nice and pillowy.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Beautiful socks! Your daughter's so cute! Very subtle indeed. ;-)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Lovely, delicate socks!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

They look nice! I've always had enough of Jawoll though. I'm surprised the legs are short. Although I guess mostly I've knit lacey ones with it I guess.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

When we were kids, my mom used to say, "Subtle as a freight train," when we invariably were a little heavy handed.

Love the socks! Do you like that book? My local bookstore doesn't have it, and both my LYS's have recently closed.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Not subtle, but isn't it nice she wants to wear your knitted creations? Enjoy it while you can.

12:16 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

They look great! I hope to make those at some point when I have the time.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home