Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WIP Wednesday - Frost Flowers

I moved Frost Flowers and Leaves to a 60" cable last night and I'm able to stretch it out a little more to get a picture today.

It's really going to be pretty. I'm enjoying the pattern now. Parts of it are fairly easy to memorize, but the pattern really does need to be handy because of little tricky parts. The yarn is Lane Borgosesia Cashwool which is the same yarn I used for Cap Shawl (both purchased from The Loopy Ewe. It really is a nice and soft yarn.

As for the percentage done, I'm not stupid enough to go and figure that out again. I did that with Cap Shawl and it just served to discourage me. Let's just say, I know I've got a long way to go and it's easier to plug away at it than figuring it out.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

That is going to be one stunning shawl. I'm entering the black hole phase on Garden Path. It's done in the round and those rows are getting awfully long!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful! I've always loved that pattern.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is seriously lovely. Sigh! :-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

So lovely. Words escape me. :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger margene said...

It's so beautiful! It's beauty ought to keep you goin!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is GORGEOUS!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It is gorgeous - like the patterns on a frosty window.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's lovely Alison!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is beautiful. It will look incredible when it is all done.

Love the socks too- they are really a lot of fun. I am so glad I have my computer back so I can now catch up with all my favorite knitblogs!

7:55 PM  
Blogger stringplay said...

Oh, that is going to be gorgeous. In fact, it already is! I'm enjoying seeing these in-progress photos and reading about it. I'd love to be able to knit that one day. Enjoy!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Absolutely stunning shawl ... I'm in awe.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, shawl.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Gorgeous!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home