Monday, November 19, 2007

Birthday Goodies - Sheepy!

(You can click on any of the pictures for bigger view. Comes in really handy for the Trekking colors.)
Yesterday was my birthday and my husband once again came through with a wonderful gift:

I know it looks sort of gold in the picture, but it's actually silver, from Designs by Romi (via The Loopy Ewe). It is so very beautiful and my very first shawl pin. Something I've been missing for quite a while.

I also treated myself to a trip to a local yarn store where I purchased a bit of sock yarn. (Just never you mind that I have enough sock yarn to last me for a few more birthdays.) I found a little I wanted. Three skeins of Trekking in colorways 65 (mostly black/blue with a little bit of grey, green, reds thrown in), 05 (looks like it will stripe in peaches, creams and pinks) and 62 (dark greys which might be for socks for my husband).

I also picked up some more Cherry Tree Hill which I absolutely love. Earlier this year I completed these socks in the colorway Spanish Moss. Tell me, does the colorway on the right look anything like it? I don't know, maybe some people don't like the inconsistent colorways of CTH, but I do like them. I love my Spanish Moss socks but I also love this more subtle version. Anyway, the colorway on the left is "Winterberry".

As I was checking out, I mentioned that I was treating myself because my birthday was Sunday. She asks, "You know about our birthday discount, don't you?" No, I actually didn't, but please, tell me. Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like your day was GRRRRReat!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

The CTH colorways do look similar, but I doubt they're an exact replica. I have quite a few similar sock yarn. I just love those particular color groups so I gravitate towards them. I see nothing wrong with it. I just have more then one pair that will match my wardrobe. :)

Love the shawl pin! It's about time you acquired one. And Happy Birthday!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy Birthday, almnost birthday pal. :) Surprise birthday discount - perfect!! Nice birthday goodies!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy Birthday Alison!!!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool things! I love the sheep shawl pin.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for the Hubster coming through after being silly.

FF&L looks lovely. I must not start mine. Must. Not. I'm halfway done my Halloween Mystery Shawl now, and I'm being shawl monogamous. It's really pretty--charcoal Zephyr with "Witches' Brew" beads (shades of grey and black, in AB and frosted and silver lined).

Happy birthday!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! And I love your socks and that shawl pin. Is a matching lace scarf a possibility?

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Shawl Pin is lovely, Happy Bday

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sheepy- it looks so awesome. My dad does silver-work and he's been fiddling around with a celtic style pin for me (I asked him and he's trying to come up with an original design) and now seeing your sheep, I want him to hurry up!

And Happy Birthday to you!!!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I missed your birthday! :-( I hope it was an excellent day... and I really like that sheepy shawl pin. (Romi is a genius, isn't she?)

CTH colorways really are awfully inconsistent. Even more so than STR, I think. Still, I'm always surprised when I pick up a beautiful skein and look at the label, only to see that I already technically own that colorway ('technically' because the two skeins look almost nothing alike.)

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is late but Happy Birthday just the same...I see you had a good one! I really like the shawl pin.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great present! I love that shawl pin, it's just beautiful. And happy belated birthday!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Happy belated birthday! What a nice shawl pin from your husband, and I love the new yarn.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Happy way too belated birthday!!!! I love your new shawl pin.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home