Monday, December 03, 2007

Something to Show

I actually have a little something to show:

The Specs:
Pattern: Diamonds from More Sensational Knitted Socks, forethought heel (I tried to do my usual heel flap, but I just couldn't get the gusset striping to work out to my liking)
Needles: Size 0s
Yarn: Knitpicks Essential in Petunia and African Violet

I tried to actually use a larger needle for these socks, and got the exact same gauge, so I decided that this yarn really wanted to be a small gauge and increased the number of stitches. And now I have another pair to make because as all mothers know, you can't make one kid something without making the other one something exactly the same :-) Hopefully they won't take quite as long since I have some of the details hammered out.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Those socks are just beautiful!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH those are just the cutest!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Those are so cute!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable!!! Love them!!!

P.S. Long time, missed ya!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Precious!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They're adorable!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Stencils of each other!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the socks- they are sooo fun!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

They're awfully cute. :-) Good luck knocking out the next pair! ;-)

12:15 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

What beautiful little socks. Munchkin socks, indeed. Grats!

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home