Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Whole Lotta Nothin'

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I don't have anything to show, just wanted everyone to know I'm not lost. It's really hard to do a knitting blog on the days you have no knitting to show, isn't it?

I've been doing a little knitting, but I'm very close to finishing the first pair of Munchkin socks, so there's no point in showing the unfinished socks since I'll probably be showing them finished soon. No progress has been made on Frost Flowers and Leaves. I'm not bored or anything, just haven't had time to actually sit and concentrate on lace.

I've also been reading a bit lately which takes away from knitting time (since I can't read and do colorwork at the same time since I use both hands for the colors, I'd have to drop one strand of yarn every time I wanted to turn a page). Mostly Amanda Quick books. I've read all of hers, but I felt a need to re-read some; I love her stuff. Her heroines are always eccentric and quirky and can usually take care of themselves.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have some adorable socks to show very soon.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It was just one of those kinda days all around, wasn't it?!

12:15 PM  
Blogger margene said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get over here to say Happy Birthday. Celebrate as long as you can;-)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I don't mind if you don't have any knitting to show. It's always nice to hear what you're doing even it's not related to the fiber arts. :)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lately all I want to do is read, too. I've been re-reading the Thursday Next books--very good fun, and I don't feel quite so mentally lazy if I make myself think carefully about all the literary in-jokes. ;-)

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh see this is why I always talke about stoves, dogs, etc. I never have any progress on actual knitting to show any more.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Feast or famine over here, too. But Happy (Belated) Birthday!! You're due some days off!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home