Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So Close!

I was getting exasperated at how slowly FF&L was growing and I was planning to start a series of pictures (thanks to a conversation with Chris) of a "ghost shawl". I was going to drape it over objects and demonstrate how very slowly it was growing. Then all of a sudden it started growing at an alarming rate.

I have just four rows left before beginning the edging. Just four more rows. I'll get some really good pictures when it's all done and blocked out which shouldn't be long now. Unless, of course, our Xbox gets returned to us soon. Oh, I may have forgotten to mention that the reason so much knitting has been done is because I've been bored out of my mind because the stupid cd drive on the stupid Xbox decided to break and it had to go in for repairs I've been taking a break from the Xbox. It is truly amazing to realize how many hours I've wasted enjoyed in the land of Oblivion and Halo 3.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is some beautiful lace! And this is eactly the reason I don't get a game system, I'd be lost to time, I get so addicted to those!

Have fun!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! Sounds like you need to update your progress bar on FF&L now!

I look forward to seeing it in person, soon!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh that is some kind of gorgeous lace. I'm itching to do that shawl. For some reason, lace on double-points is intimidating me. It's silly, I know, but there you have it.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL - you'll always have that idea has a backup! ;) Glad you picked up speed on it.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see it finished. I've admired that ever since I got the book. Now if I can just finish the never ending edging on Garden Path. I suppose it would help if I actually worked on it.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even unblocked, that lace is amazing! Can I ask about the yardage?...

2:01 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

A very old and wealthy lady I knew searched high and low (here and in Paris) for lace that would match her mother's 1901 wedding dress but stated in her travelogue that she could not find "lace so fine" as they used in those days. This was in the 50s. I wish she were around now so that I could show her your work. I wonder what she would say!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got an XBox 360 last Christmas and it has been nothing but trouble. We've had the drive fail 3 times!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home