Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Swallowtails Finished!

I actually finished something! Here they are:

Swallowtail, the pink:

Swallowtail, the blue:


Specs:
Pattern: Swallowtail by Evelyn Clark, Interweave Fall 2006
Size (both the same): 44 inches across the top and 21 inches down the center to the point
Yarn: Shadow from Knitpicks in Pink Posy and Mermaid
Needles: Size 4

I worked on these shawls at the same time. I would complete one pattern repeat on one shawl and do the same on the other shawl. I enjoyed not having a whole other shawl to do after finishing one. It was quite nice to bind-off on two projects in the same evening. These are my second and third swallowtails. It is a nice pattern (even with the darned nupps) and quick to do. I completed both of these in just a day shy of a month.

Speaking of nupps, has anyone seen the Nancy Bush pattern in the new Piecework? It is from her new book and is lovely even with all those darned nupps (the shawl on the book cover also has tons of nupps!). I'm looking forward to the book, even if it will be a while before I do another shawl with tons of nupps.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

I'm impressed! Love the blue one of course.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Those are gorgeous! Hee hee - for a second, I wondered if it was a Photoshop trick. ;)

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so pretty! I'm sure your girls are loving these!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Such pretties! Makes me wish I had a mom like you. :-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Those are fabulous!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

What a great idea to do two at once! This pattern has been on my list for a long time, even with the nupps. After doing Forest Path, I think I've made peace with them.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

They're lovely!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home