Monday, August 04, 2008

Hubby Socks

I am still around, and I actually finished something. I finished a pair of socks for my husband:

It's his second pair. He seems to like them, so he might get another pair for Christmas.

Pattern: My own plain old stockinette
Needles: My usual 0s
Yarn: Regia Galaxy in blues/greys

I'm almost done with the evergreen trees section of the Magickal Earth Shawl. So, I'm very close to starting the unicorns. That's part of what drew me to this shawl in the first place when I first got the book Gathering of Lace, the unicorns. Of course, when I first bought this book, I was definitely not confident enough then to tackle this shawl. But now it seems like the logical choice for me to work on. I feel my skills are exactly where they need to be for this shawl.

And just for fun, here's a picture of our new "pet" Audrey:

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Nice hubby socks. :)

And Audrey is quite a handsome plant. I love Venus Flytraps. They are so cool looking!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn for those socks is perfectly named! Glad that your hubby liked them!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I like that Regia - very cool non-patterning patterning. ;) "Seymour..."

2:05 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the hubby's socks. So funky!

I want to pet "Aubrey". I like living on the edge. ;-)

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men are from Mars, women are from...
(ducking!) I do love those hubby socks. Very cool.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home