Thursday, October 23, 2008

Loom story

The other day, I mentioned that I had ordered my loom. This loom is my Christmas present from last year, but it was conditional. My husband had told me that I could order it when I had finished cleaning the basement so that there might actually be room for it. For the heck of it, I called a loom store last week just to ask some questions, and they told me that since they didn't have the loom in stock it would be about eight weeks from the time I ordered. Since I tend to work better under a deadline, my wonderful husband agreed to let me go ahead and order it, so I did. I got a call on Tuesday telling me that when we had spoken the first time they had thought I was talking about the four-harness; they actually did have an eight-harness in stock and could send it right out. So, seriously, you think I'm going to say no?

So, instead of eight weeks to finish cleaning the basement, I only have a few days to prepare for my Mighty Wolf loom. I really should have taken "before" pictures because it was really bad, but today it looks like it might actually be doable.

Have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is? A few weeks ago, he surprised me totally out of the blue with this:

I know it looks a bit gold in the picture, but if you can read the writing, it's actually sterling silver. I love Romi pins, so very beautiful.

Well, I need to get back to the basement!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Love the shawl pin! It is lovely. Good luck getting the basement cleaned!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

Good luck with the basement, I've just been trying to get my desk clean for the last week now that my toddler can reach it. Still hasn't happened.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous pin! You'll have that basement ready to go in no time! I know you can do it. :)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Alison, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Congratulations on your new loom! The Mighty Wolf is an excellent choice to learn on. I had one for a number of years and it served me very well. You have a wonderful adventure ahead of you.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky lady, for both the kind husband and the 8 harness loom!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my Romi pin. And congratulations on the loom!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home