Monday, November 17, 2008

It is still a knitting blog

Yes, really, it is. I know it doesn't seem like it because I haven't shown any actual knitting in ages. I hadn't touched Magickal Earth in weeks; I'd only done a few stitches on my current socks and I haven't even touched this beautiful sock club yarn from Neighborhood Fiber Company's October installment:

(Honestly, I can't even get the colors close on my computer to the loveliness that is this yarn. It's kettle dyed and has beautiful rich shades of pinks, reds, and purples. How me is this yarn?)

I've been weaving, spinning and just about everything but knitting. But, it still is a knitting blog and I've actually been doing some knitting over the weekend. I finished the evergreens on Magickal Earth a while ago, but don't think I actually posted pictures, but I finally got started on the unicorn chart. I'm only six rows into it, so it doesn't look like much, but I'm there.


I'm still weaving and I hope to have some more pictures soon. It's hard to capture some of the patterns on camera. I also hope to have some yarn plied soon. It's been giving me fits though.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

LOL - before I even read what you wrote about that sock yarn, I was thinking it was very you! Happy early birthday. :)

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that I'm right there with you when it comes to "multiple projects". I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying weaving. I am planning to spend more time weaving in the next few weeks; a few towels and a shawl draft that I've had set aside for far to long.
I've got a few small knitting projects (fingerless mitts) that should keep my knitting needles busy.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, someone put those two tree motifs together--I like that pattern!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOVEMBER 18TH.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home