Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Poor Puppy

My puppy isn't exactly a puppy anymore. She's fifteen years old, a breast cancer survivor, and she is part of the family. Anyone who has pets knows that they are family members and we hate when our furry children are in pain. My furry child is in pain. She's had cataracts for a while and she had an eye infection on top of that. This morning when I was going to put the antibiotic drop in, she wouldn't let me near it. (She had seemed fine until then.) I finally got enough of a look to see that her eye seemed deflated and took her in. The vet said the eye had ruptured. Our options were to let them remove the eye under anaesthesia or to keep with eyedrops and pain meds and let the eye continue to shrivel on its own (extremely small chance that it will get better). It's a hard choice, but her age kept me from letting them put her under. I thought that she'd probably be in pain after surgery as well.

She doesn't like having her picture taken; she can actually hear the camera (not much else) and goes running before the flash (which she thinks is lightning) can catch her. So, it's been a while since I've gotten a really good picture of her. This one is from around this time a couple of years ago.


I have some stuff to show on another day. For now, please keep my furry girl in your thoughts.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

So sorry to hear your dog is sick. It's very hard making these decisions when we can't get their input.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Poor pup!! I'm sending healthy, pain-free thoughts her way. *hug*

11:19 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Sending good thoughts and wishes your way. We are dealing with similar issues with our 14 year old Lhasa Apso. It's so hard to see them decline.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor baby, all paws in our house are thinking of you guys. Django was very worried the cataracts would keep her from seeing treats, so I had to explain that you'd make sure she still saw them so she could eat them, he's very concerned about treats in general. :-)

Love the mug you won, its beutiful. A keepsake for sure.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home