Monday, December 15, 2008

Hand Towels

I finished weaving some hand towels the other day and finally got around to cutting them apart. The first ones are done in pastels and all different treadlings (you can click to see a close-up of the different patterns):

The other two are Christmas colors. The one on the left is a basket weave and the other is a 3/1 twill (again you can click).


The pattern is a Sampler Towel pattern from Weavecraft (I'm afraid I can't tell you the issue at this exact moment as I can't find it).
e.p.i. 20, I think
yarn: 5/2 cotton

I have a sample on the loom right now, but I as I think I'm going to make it into a full-fledged scarf, I might wait on that. I'm also on the Celtic Knots on my Magickal Earth Shawl and it's going much faster now. It's in the home-stretch!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ok, making your own hand towels is really cool!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful!

I have a loom--two Leclercs, actually, that I've been given--but I've never learned how to use them. I just like knitting too much more. But I highly admire it when other people do weave, and those are lovely.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Now people will be asking you to make THOSE for them!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i love your hand towels! they're gorgeous!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To pretty to use.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great towels! Your weaving is truly coming along beautifully. I will visit your blog more because I need the inspiration to get my weaving mojo going :-)

Oh, on the yoga post...I can totally relate!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home