Monday, January 19, 2009

"Bamboo"zled!

I seem to be acquiring a bit of bamboo as of late and I haven't shown any of it off. First up is some Madil Eden that I acquired a few weeks ago from Webs; these colors were on closeout. The pink is a bright pink and the blue is a little lighter than the picture, more of a bright azure.

I got enough of each for a Kimono Top from Knit so Fine (click here if you're on Ravelry). I'm not sure which color I'll be using yet. Maybe I'll get around and do a swatch of each with the butterfly stitches, then decide. The other will be another top, yet to be determined. (As I said, it was on closeout. I couldn't resist.)

The second bamboo I've acquired is Regia Bamboo color, apparently the "tundra" colorway. My husband had an errand to run the other day and asked if I'd mind waiting in the yarn store right there for a few minutes. (How silly was that question?) Anyway, I came across this colorway, not really my usual colors (in other words, not glaringly purple, pink or black), it's quite neutral with a bit of white, grey, blue, green and just a hint of purple. It called to me. It said, "I need to be woven into a lovely scarf." I happen to have a light purple shirt almost the exact color of that hint of purple in there.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh that will be a beautiful scarf, I like subtle colors with a bright top or skirt, it just is perfect.

And great find, I really need to stay away from Webs closeouts for a while.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

I haven't used any bamboo at all yet, but I've got a few options in my stash just waiting their turn. We'll see how long it takes!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The Tundra is wonderfully subtle!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

gorgeous yarn! the pictures make the bamboo look so delectable and tempting!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bamboo is great- it has fabulous drape and feels so cool. I gotta de-stash some of my wool and get more bamboo now that I will be moving to the Southwest in six months.... and I love the Tundra colors- so shimmery!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home