Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year, New Goodies, New Project

I ordered some earrings from Opal (she's got some gorgeous stuff over at her shop).

The earrings are silver (like purple, I can never seem to get an accurate representation, but they are very silver). They are delicate and very light, even though they dangle to nearly the shoulders. As for the stitch markers, they have a lovely unicorn charm on them. When I purchased some stitch markers from Opal before, I had asked her about unicorns. She didn't have any at that time, but had some a little later and made markers. I had just purchased my loom when she posted them on her shop and couldn't really get anything else at that time. But I coveted them and just a couple of days before I was planning on purchasing them along with my earrings, they were sold. When I opened my earrings, I found not only the other goodies (chocolates and stickers with Opal's own handspun), but she had gifted me with unicorn stitch markers (in purple). Thank you so much, Opal! My unicorn marker is now on the next project:

This is another Sahara. I made one for summer without sleeves. This one will be with long sleeves and it's in a lovely merino angora blend called Cascade Cloud 9 that I got last year at Webs on a color closeout. It is just heaven to work with. It's a very light purple and working up very quickly. (After doing a shawl on size 2s, how can worsted weight and size 6s NOT be quick?)

I've nearly finished another small relic mini purse which hopefully I'll be able to show soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

i'm so glad you liked everything! wear the earrings in good health! :)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

How sweet of Opal!!!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home