Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Warping woes and paper fashion

Saturday I finally found a few minutes to finish warping for my scarf. I had already finished the threading and all I had left was to wind the warp onto the back beam and tie it on the front. As I was almost done winding, I hear "ping". Two of the warp threads had popped. I was told later that I could have just tied them together and once it is woven and washed, you can't tell. But I didn't know that at the time, so I unwound the entire warp and 30 minutes of work, and I'm exactly where I was. *sigh*

Then there's some other stuff distracting me from my weaving. I've made a bit of progress on my Greta Garbo Shawl. I've started the main charts now and it is going to be so very pretty. I'm loving this shawl and I think I may have even come to terms with the dreaded nupps.

The other things that are distracting me are a couple of books that I bought ostensibly for my daughters. But crafty person I am, I've been having a bit of fun on my own. The books are Paper Fashions and Paper Fashions Fancy. They're Klutz books, which I just love; the books are always creative and these are no exception. They come with stencils and ideas for making paper clothes from scrapbook and other designed paper. It's not a great picture (I didn't want to wait until tomorrow when I might actually have decent lighting), but here are a couple of things I've made so far:

A dress with boots and handbag decorated with gold thread and gold glitter and a set of pajamas. They're actually not all that big, the pjs are 5 inches high, so the designs are perfect for cards or scrapbooks (or just being creative). I plan to do more this week and I'll share. (By the way, if you might be interested in a "Paper Fashions" group on Ravelry, let me know. I'm trying to start one up to share creations.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Those are really cool!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

those are so cute!

i'm so sorry to hear of your warping woes. that sounds so frustrating!

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home