Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hearts and Cookies

I've completed the lace border of Greta. I had to rip about three rows because I wasn't happy with the nupps. (By the way, did you know "nupp" is actually pronounced to rhyme with "soup"? I did not know that until I watched a video on Knitting Daily with Nancy Bush to see how she made hers.) Anyway, I'm much happier with the nupps (rhymes with "soups"; I have to remember that) now. Although they don't seem very prominent now, I think they'll be wonderful when all blocked out. For now, see the heart:


I've also been in the kitchen again. I recommended the book "Super Natural Cooking" a couple of weeks ago and I'm telling you, the book is well worth it, if for nothing more than the desserts. The popcorn from Monday's post was from there as are these delicious thin mint cookies:

Chocolate and mint, two of my very favorite flavors together. They're made with whole wheat flour. Okay, they have a bit of butter, but cookies just aren't cookies in my house without real butter. None of that fake butter-wanna-be stuff here.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Those cookies look delicious! Chocolate and mint are meant to be together.

I had no idea nupp rhymed with soup. Thanks for the info.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Nancy Bush amazing. I love every book I have of hers.

I'm ignoring that cookie.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/ignoring the cookie too ;o)

I just learned that same thing from someone who went to SOAR...who knew?

11:56 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

the hearts look lovely! and it's good to know how to pronounce nupps!

so ignoring the cookies....

2:53 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Definitely a heart! I'll have to remember that about "noups," too.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the heart! I'm looking forward to when the eyelets around it are done, too. And all in a pretty coloration!

Thanks for the info on noups, um, nupps!

Are your thin mints better than the Girl Scout ones? I'd bet they are! And I'm pretty well addicted to the GS ones.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

In my class with Nancy we actually had a girl from Estonia. It was fun to hear her pronounce "nupps". Greta is looking lovely. Nancy said the nupps will pop when you block it. And the cookies - oh my! I'm heading straight over to my library's website to see if they have that book.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home