Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New project

Greta is finished. Unfortunately, no pictures yet. I did try, but the pictures just wouldn't turn out well on the blocking board. Not enough light in the library right now, so I'll try again this afternoon when the lighting is better or maybe I'll wait until it's off the board. It is very pretty and blocking really pops out those nupps.

Since Greta is done, I don't feel all that guilty about having started a new project. What was that? What happened to Sahara? What did you say? La, la, la, I can't hear you! Okay, seriously folks, it's nearly March. Forget the fact that it was 19 degrees when I got up this morning, I still have two rather long sleeves to finish. By the time I finish, I'm not going to be able to wear an angora/merino blend (at least I'm hoping it warms up soon!). Whereas, this new project is in bamboo and will be perfect for spring.

Anyway, the new project is the Kimono Top from Knit So Fine (if you're on ravelry. Here's the beginning of mine:

This blue has a hint of aqua in a sky blue. I know, two projects in a row that are not pink and/or purple. Shocking, huh?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Knitters are the best rationalizers EVER. ;)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty blue!

And Greta doesn't count! Red is just reeeellly dark pink!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

I'm trying to decide if I can manage one more winter sweater or if I should put it off and start on spring

8:54 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

oh i think i remember when you bought that yarn! i love love love that top! it's going to look fabulous on you. :)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home