Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WIP Wednesday

I'm still trying to catch up in Blogland; it's amazing how busy you guys are while someone's out of town for a week. And you don't have the decency to just stop blogging while one catches up:)

Here is progress on the Snowman Vest:

And Icarus:

I've just started Chart 2 and I've ordered white glass pearl beads to put on it. Since I'm on the subject of Mim's shawls, have you seen her new shawl? I just had to have it along with Mountain Peaks. So now I'm on the lookout for the perfect yarn for Hidcote and Wing of the Moth. Both need very special yarn indeed. I was completely in love with the simple elegance of Icarus, but Hidcote, man, it's just so gorgeous! All I can say is Wow! I'm thinking something in a lavender color.

In other news, I got my hair cut this weekend. To most of you, this may not seem like such a big deal, but my hair was waist length. It's now halfway up my back with a bit of layering. It's definitely a change, but I usually get a good haircut about every half decade. (My hair grows really fast. It was cut chin length about 5-years-ago and I've had a couple of inches trimmed off several times.) I like it long, but it just gets too heavy and cumbersome every so often.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I'm feeling the need for a haircut too. Mine is waist length and I'm started to get headaches from the weight of it.

Thanks for the link to Mim's new shawl, I love it! I hadn't seen it yet, I'm also way behind on my blog reading!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what, that is a great shawl. Why do people keep showing these wonderful projects. I love the size of it.

Icarus is nice too. I'm hoping to get back to mine one of these days.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you had a good break! Your projects are moving along and look great!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I adore Mim's new shawl. My hair is all the way up to my chin, but I feel the need to grow it out again. I do this every year.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you I'm knitting on my Icarus again, nearly finished the chart 1, ugh.....But it was funny to knit again.

And my hair is short all the time, he he.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I know how you feel-catching up on blog reading after being away is sometimes tough. I love the snowman vest. The colors are great together. Oh and I want to see a picture of your hair!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

the snowman vest and the shawl are coming along well.

i'm the same way about my hair. it gets cut about shoulder length like every 5 years, but otherwise, it doesn't see too much of the sissors! i know it's time for a cut when everyone says, "gee, your hair is getting so long" - which has been happening for three past 2 weeks. guess it's time for a trim!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home