Saturday, August 12, 2006

Swallowtail Shawl Finished!

Thank everyone for all the kind comments on the Faux Russian. Blogger doesn't always email me everyone's comments so I'm sorry if I didn't respond to everyone personally, but I really did appreciate all of them. The Faux Russian really was a fun knit. This was another fun knit which didn't take long at all.

Obligatory close-up of the edge:

(You can click on the pictures for a closeup.)
Specs:
Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl from Winter 2006 Interweave Knits
Needles: Size 4
Yarn: Handpainted cashmere laceweight from Just Our Yarn, local dyers. (I passed up this yarn when they came to our guild meeting because the MD S&W was the next weekend, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. The yarn wasn't on their website, but I finally contacted them to see if they still had it. As you can see, they did:)
Measurements: Pretty much what's given in the pattern; I'm really too lazy to find it right now and look.

You may remember that I started the Trellis scarf (also a nice pattern) with this yarn, but then saw this pattern and frogged. I'm glad I did. I think the yarn and the pattern really complement each other. It's really light and elegant.

You may notice that the Wool Peddlar's Shawl is now in the sidebar. I'm coming clean. I really can't justify calling it a swatch anymore.

22 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Beautiful! You knit that so fast.

7:08 PM  
Blogger nat said...

Wow - that is so pretty. I was going to give up making that shawl, but after seeing yours I want one. Yours is really beautiful in that yarn.

You did that so fast, too!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful, and you call that a quick knit?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

That's so beautiful! I can't wait until I have some time to finally start some lace.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow. That is completely stunning - and perfectly purple!! Congrats!!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl, can't wait 'till I get my magazine, I hope it will turn up in my mailbox on Monday.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I'm NEEDING this shawl.
You made the right decision switching to the Swallowtail, it's so pretty! I love the yarn too.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh it came out so well! That yarn is so yummy. Thanks for the link. I really need more yarn. Not. ;-)

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is just sooo pretty. I love the edging. Thanks for the great pictures of it too-they do it justice.

1:00 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

oh man, that's gorgeous as well.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Irie said...

Beautiful~ I love the detail in the border. I think you meant "Fall 2006" issue of IK instead of Winter 2006.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

absolutely beautiful! the details are so clean, crisp and...purple :)
love the two-tone color, it adds so much depth to the finished shawl.
fast doesn't even begin to describe your speed anymore.....
hope it's giving you much joy after the trellis-ripping incident.
perfect pattern for the yarn and nice blocking job.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is so pretty. and u knit like the wind.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Your's definitely looks better than mine! Gorgeous! Mine is from handspun though, and I didn't do the nupps! Don't like nupps....

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Now I want to make this one too.

12:26 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

What a beautiful scarf. Of course this will be added to the list. My hands like the small and/or lught stuff now. Thanks for posting your beautiful pictures.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

What a beautiful Shawl - it's just lovely and the color is so nice!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours is the prettiest one I've seen. I started mine in Zephyr, but if I do another one I am going to use cashmere. I can't believe how delicate and beautiful yours is!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the "anonymous" comment..I hate that! It's just that I didnt' see the "other" option.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Gosh, that is a stunner. Swallowtail is another must.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Beautiful! I hope my Swallowtail looks as nice as yours.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the most beautiful Swallowtail Shawl I have ever seen!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home