Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Shawl Pictures

Blogger seems to be cooperating today, so I'll post pictures of my beginnings on the Swallowtail Shawl (which I mistakingly called Scarf in my last entry).

It really is much prettier in person; the colors are really subtle, but enough for interest. No pooling because the colors are very short. I'll do closeups when I finish which shouldn't take too much longer. I'm already nearly to the Lily of the Valley charts. It's working up quickly and I love it.

Still no blocking wires. I'm going to have to call Knitpicks and ask them to send me replacement wires if they don't arrive before Friday (especially if what I ordered yesterday shows up before the wires do). Again, *sigh*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to make this!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

it looks beautiful!...this yarn seemed like it was meant for swallowtail too :)

hurry, mr. postman, hurry.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Gorgeous! Hope your blocking wires show soon. They are on my list as a birthday gift to myself.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that is stunning! Sigh - another thing to add to my lengthy "to-knit" list.

I hope your wires arrive soon!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is really pretty.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home