Saturday, July 08, 2006

What I'm now working on

Okay, what's the surefire way to get me to stop working on something? Join a KAL, of course. Since April, I've been cranking out socks. Eight pair and I get to the heel flap of the second sock of the ninth pair (which is only my second pair for the Summer of Socks) and I think I've burned out on socks. I tried, but I just couldn't knit on that flap any more. So I picked up my spinning and it was okay, but not what I wanted. I tried starting my cashmere scarf, but I didn't like how the bamboo needles were catching on it, so I decided to wait until my new Knitpicks needles came to give it a try with those. (Of course, I'll give a review of the needles when I get them). So what did I finally pick up again? Lace.
My Faux Russian Stole has been languishing quietly in a basket, being patient. It called to me yesterday. I know it looks black in the picture, but it's actually quite a deep burgundy purple (KnitPicks Shadow color Vineyard). So at least I'm still in Project Spectrum.

Anyway, I also got a bit of new yarn yesterday. It's alpaca silk from Webs and my goodness, it's soft and shiny. I can't feel or smell a trace of spinning oil in it even though it's coned. Absolutely gorgeous stuff, isn't it?

Should make for something nice and lacy sometime in the future.

So I think the sock phase is over and I'm back to lace for a while.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay!! I love that Faux Russian Stole. Now it's reminding me of the one I frogged, but yours is looking gorgeous. Can't wait for you to finish it.
I think I'm in a sock phase right now.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

You know, the wool/alpaca colors are perfect for Mystery Stole 2. It's going on now--Melanie is releasing a clue each week--yesterday was the first clue. You HAVE to join by July 14 because she's closing the group then. You don't have to knit it right away, but it does give you the opportunity to save the pattern. Those who don't join by the 14th and want to knit it will have to pay for it. She does beautiful designing. Check it out here

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lace work is so awesome. I totally get the "phase" thing. Isn't it great that there are no knitting police out there keep us from flitting from project to project??? Whew!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stole is beautiful. Do you wind your cone yarn before knitting, or do you just knit from the cone?

I have a huge cone of a burgundy and beige lace-weight yarn and have been curious as to what I should do with it, wind or just knit.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been eyeing that coned aplaca/silk from webs- I am thinking maybe a Pi shawl... however I am afraid to start something so large especially with my hands being the way they are, and tons of other projects in the pipeline...

your shawl looks lovely. I made a flower basket shawl a while back out of a yarn that was a similar color.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lace socks? :)

12:15 AM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is a very beautiful color for your Faux Russian Stole.

Did someone say socks? I thought I heard the word "socks".

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home