Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New yarn

I finally got my Cherry Tree Hill yarn that has been on back order with The Knitter for a couple of months. I don't know how I'll like working with it, but the colors are fabulous and well worth the wait, don't you think? (Spanish Moss if anyone is interested in the colorway.)

I am completely in a purple phase, if you can't tell. Sorry for the blurry picture, but I tried. It's really soft stuff. The yarn I ordered a couple of weeks ago should be here later in the week. Yarn weeks are exciting!

I was hoping to have the pastel Trekkings done by today so I could start the Summer of Socks with a new pair, but I'll have to finish them up before I can officially start a new pair (with my Cherry Tree Hill!). I'm very close to starting the heel flap on the second sock. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish tomorrow.

I leave you with this little guy who has been hanging out on our glass door all afternoon. (Please ignore the streaky windows.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great colors, I'd agree well worth the wait.

One time we had one of those ride all the way from our house in our boat to the lake, then out on the lake. We discovered him riding on the mower as we were jetting across the lake. We pulled to the shore and let our stowaway off.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Spanish Moss is my FAV colorway in CTH!! One suggestion, knit it at a VERY tight gauge cause it pills! And put a shot of vinegar in the rinse the first time you HAND wash it!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to getting socks off the needles to start Summer of Socks--I just did the same thing this morning! The purple Cherry Tree Hill is so pretty. Can't wait to see them up and going. Good luck!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

it looks like koigu's twist?

i didn't mantis were engangered....

and....erm..my car window is that way too and lotsa pug hair

12:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That's a gorgeous colorway! And a really good picture of the mantis. (Streaks? I don't see any streaks!)

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home