Monday, June 12, 2006

Blogger, Knitting and Blueberries

Dear Blogger,
Can you please fix whatever the heck your problem has been for the last week because I am truly a procrastinator and I really don't want to have to go to the trouble of having to move my blog. But if this keeps up, you may force me to take action soon.
Thank you.


I've been working on my sock and my Moon Dance Stole. Thank you for all the wonderful comments about the sock and the pattern. I just knew that the yarn was screaming for that pattern. I did have to start and frog several times just to get the perfect number of stitches. Since it's sort of a rib pattern, you'd think you'd have to cast on a few more stitches, but that's not the case. On several of the rows, you actually have more than the original number of of stitches because of yarn overs. So really, cast on about the same number as you would for a stockinette sock.

As for the Moon Dance Stole, it's really not going to look much different until it's completed. Just trust me when I tell you that progress has been made. I've also done a swatch for the Trellis Scarf with that beautiful cashmere. But it's rainy here (not that I'm complaining because we need the rain), but I can't get a decent picture. I do think it's going to work. The colors are subtle enough that they blend and I don't think they are going to detract from or compete with the pattern. I might have to actually start it though to see what I really think.

Just so I don't leave you completely pictureless, here's something for Project Spectrum (taken a few days ago when it was sunny). Our first blueberries of the season!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger has been annoying lately, I haven't been able to leave comments on people's blogs in what seems like days and/or weeks.

Lovely blueberries, I'm thinking blueberry pie or better yet, my hubby makes me blueberry pancakes.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger has been such a pain! I've been thinking about moving too, it seems like whenever I have a minute to post it's down!

I should go out back and see if our blueberries are ready yet.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yummy- the blueberries look wonderful.

Once, my folks and I stayed at a quaint inn next to the ocean in Northern California and they had a blueberry patch out back. The older lady who ran the place (complete with blue hair and bohemian nor-cal hippie retiree clothes) asked if I wanted to go blueberry picking and I said yes (I was like 10) and she gave me a bucket and took me out to the patch out behind the inn. I remember she stood behind me holding this big shotgun and when I asked her why she had a gun she said "Oh because the bears like to visit often, honey."

Yikes. No bears that day- just a bucket of wonderful blueberries.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

oopss...i just stole a couple of those bluberries...mmm...yummy! LOL....

12:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, man, those blueberries look wonderful!

I hear ya about blogger. I'm starting the moving process - 'cos it seems like blogger can hold it together for about a week, max, and then has trouble.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home