Saturday, June 03, 2006

Blog Anniversary, Socks and Spinning

Yesterday was my Blog Anniversary. But because it was really just a test post, today is the real anniversary of my blogging adventure. You can check out the June 2005 archive for pictures of our baby barn swallows last year and some of my pre-blogging stuff.

On to the socks:

Austermann Step yarn made in my own pattern on size 0s. This stuff is really so soft! And I love the wide stripes.

And the spinning:

The spindle is wonderful and the bamboo is very nice, too. I usually don't really care for gold or orange, but I really do like it with these other bold colors. The bamboo is a bit more slippery than wool, but not quite as slippery as silk, though it does have the sheen. I've been trying to keep myself from putting too much twist in it because it seems wiry with too much twist. This will make a nice light lacy shawl some time in the far future. (Do you know how long it will take to spindle 4 ounces of this stuff?)

Anyway, yesterday was my June free day, so I should have an influx of stuff over the next week or two. There will be a little bit of sock yarn including something in this month's Project Spectrum color. Also, something extra special that just happens to be in next month's color. But that's a surprise.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are wonderful! The stripes are great.
I envy your spindling. It is lovely. I have been trying and just can't coordinate it all.
Happy Blog Anniversary!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Great spinning stuff!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

Happy Blogiversary! Very pretty socks! I'm saving my "free" day for as long as I can.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy Blogiversary!! And I just really love the wide stripey fun of those socks.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy Blog Aniversary Ali!!

Love the socks!

Yes, I jumped right on the June free day too...LOTS of lovely sock yarn :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Happy Blogiversary!

The bamboo your spinning is lovely!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your socks! Isn't this yarn wonderful?? I plan on ordering more of it soon ;-)

Your spinning is great! Happy Bloggiversary!!!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! I really love your socks, they're so gorgeous - great striping, awesome colors! And so is your spinning!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to you!! I'm so glad you started blogging! I love your spinning, I'm putting a wheel on my birthday wish list.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! Love the bamboo. I have some of that to spin myself, although in just a white color. I'm still a little intimidated by it though.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

happy blogiversary!!

did you 'shred/whatevertheterm' out the orange?...had a good laugh over that part. the pink and purple looks good together, needless to say :)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home