Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mom's Socks and Spinning

Just so you don't think that all I've been doing is playing video games, there is also a little knitting. I finished my mom's birthday socks. They are made with Opal Petticoat 1296 on size 0s. I finished them last night and I started some new socks for me out of the Austermann Step yarn. Let me tell you, the stuff is soft. I don't know how it will wear, but it really does feel nice while knitting it. I read on someone's blog that they thought it split a lot, but I haven't had that problem. I'm almost done with the first cuff.

I've also been doing a bit of spinning with the new Golding. The silk is really nice to spin and really easy to spin very thin. The shine is incredible and it's so soft. I fully anticipate it taking me quite a while to spin it up by spindle. But I am enjoying it. (And now my wheel is suffering a little neglect. I need to work on it sometime this week.) Is it any wonder that I have so many projects going at once; so many interesting things to do!

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Those Opals socks are lovely - great job matching with the stripes!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that silk is spun so evenly and finely it looks almost reeled!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful spring socks and the silk looks yummy!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

Love the socks...I have to get my hands on some Opal sock yarn. :-)

9:22 PM  
Blogger monica said...

I love the new Petticoat. Hopefully it will be coming in this week to my LYS

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous of that spindle. I must find that sock yarn-the colors look great together.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

ho-ho....that's cobweb lace! beautiful sheen! :)

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! That silk is absolutely beautiful. I've really neglected my spinning lately, but I'm bound and determined to get this scarf finished, then just do whatever I want for me, me, me!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home