Monday, May 01, 2006

Blue/Mauve sock

Yes, I gave up long ago on clever titles. So the title is Blue/Mauve sock and that's what you'll get.

The colors are a bit more vibrant in real life, but otherwise fairly accurate. I think I'm going to have to add about four or five rows as it's just a little too short, but I was going to wait until the second sock is done to make sure I have enough yarn and that I won't have to redo the toe again in a solid color.

Nothing else interesting to show. I'll surely make up for that next week though. I'm going to the Maryland Sheep & Wool on Saturday only. I had hoped to go both days, but it doesn't look like that's going to work. Right now rain is in the forecast for Saturday :( (Not that a little rain will stop me from going.)

Thanks for all the comments/advice on annoying I-want-socks lady. I'm hoping if I ignore her enough, eventually she'll get a clue. I refuse to stop knitting during the class and I'm not going to sit in my car with the air conditioning on all summer. Besides, I pay for the lessons, I'm going to watch my kids enjoy them. I refuse to be run off by annoying people. If she keeps up, I will have to tell her that she can either pay me X amount or I'll teach her (which, of course, she'll refuse).

6 Comments:

Blogger Prachi said...

This fear of running out at the toe is why I liked the idea of toe-up socks so much, but knitting the cuff till the yarn ran out did feel like forever - as if I was hostage to the length of the yarn. One can never win, can one? I loved this blue colourway.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan, when you tell her the price, tell her you had to take into consideration the fact that a pair of socks takes X amount of hours to knit, and at an hourly rate of Y, it's really q uite a steal.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely sock.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I find it tough coming up with catchy titles or catchy anything nowadays. At least you have a pretty sock there. :o)

2:44 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

exactly what i was thinking last night, liz. see, i can't get such mannerism outta my mind. it bothers me much. $200, Alison's choice of yarn to knit with, on Alison's time scale, with Alison's choice of pattern or the calculated one (which is more accurate, really, but which the price could be a real put off, which is the whole purpose).....sorry, me ranting...

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sock- I love the colors!

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home