Friday, April 14, 2006

Nothing to Show

I really don't have much progress to show for the week. My hands started bothering me on Tuesday, so I thought I'd just put the needles and wheel away for a couple of days. I love knitting socks, but if I do it too much, it bothers my hands more than other knitting. It's a shame because I really love DPNs so much and I seriously doubt I'll ever try circulars for socks. Anyway, I read two novels, worked a jigsaw puzzle, and my hands are feeling better.

I was hoping to have my new sock yarn to show, but neither package has arrived yet. I've emailed the store about them because one of them was ordered two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything further about it.

We've already had our share of wildlife for the summer in our yard. We came across a nest of baby bunnies the other day. We did have to check out the nest because it got mowed over, but all bunnies seemed fine and they had fur already. We have small bunnies in this area and they seemed nearly adult size already. We didn't touch them, just made sure they looked okay, then we left them alone and I'm pretty sure they went off on their own now because the nest is empty without any signs of struggles. Do you remember our barn swallows? Check out the June 2005 archives to see a nest full of baby birds. Well, they're back. At least I saw one of the swallows swooping around yesterday and then this morning, one was sitting on top of the nest box. So we may just have another brood this year to watch. How exciting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Glad to hear that your hands are feeling better.

And how fun that you already have little animals and nesting birds around! A bit early for that here...

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous of your swallows. Lucky you! We've had birds on our balcony to eat the food and take some twigs for nests but none that have decided to take up residency. Oh well, we'll be watching yours.
I also love DPNs and don't even want to try knitting on circulars. Everyone is and I thought I was strange to continue with my beloved DPNs. Are you sure we're not in some way related? ;o)
Glad to hear your hands are feeling better!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of my current projects I'm working on are small needled and I'm having issues myself with hand cramping. It's a real pain, isn't it.

I too love dpns, and doubt I'll ever knit socks on anything else.

11:02 AM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm so glad to hear that your hands are feeling better. There's nothing worse than having hand or arm pain when you're an obsessed knitter! ;-) In all seriousness, though, I'm glad that you were able to give your hands a rest and recover successfully. Take care and have a fantastic weekend, Alison! :-)

1:45 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

If your wayward sock yarn is from Judy, her Dad's very ill so she's been spending lots of time at the hospital...give her a call and remind her!

I'm a die hard DPN grrl but I do admit to enjoying magic loop! It's really nice to use my addi's for sock knitting and altho the ML is a pain when you first try it, it's actually quite nice once you get in the rythmn. Give it a try, it's a nice change and it rests your hands a little. Now two circs, FEH!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

I'm so glad your hands are getting better. It is best to rest them before they go full on into decline. =0(

The trekker socks on tiny DPNs actually rest my hands from work on the heavy wool yarn of the French market basket. That thing is so HEAVY. I can only do about four rows on it daily.

Swallows. How lovely to have them in your yard. We have doves trying to nest in the corner of the chimney. Maybe this year I will let them.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

hope your hands are all well now and the posting about the bunnies and swallows are just heartwarming.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home