Monday, April 03, 2006

Mystery Project Revealed

I can finally show you the Mystery Project. Here it is:

The Trellis Scarf from the latest issue of Interweave Knits done in Tide Pool Alpaca Cloud using size five needles. And the recipient? Delia. She's always surprising others with goodies and she's surprised when someone does the same for her:) I enjoyed the pattern very much (it is an Evelyn Clark, after all) and I hope she enjoys it.

I've already told how my love of spinning came about, now for lace. When I picked knitting back up a couple of years ago, I made scarves and socks. I was doing the Latvian Socks from Folk Socks and really loved the lace. Around the same time, I picked up a copy of Scarf Style and decided I had to do Ene's Scarf. I was hooked on lace.

I've always had artistic leanings. I can draw and paint if I put my mind to it. I like to write creatively. I do countless arts and crafts off and on. Something about lace has always fascinated me. I can tat and crochet lace and I want to learn bobbin lace someday. It's an artistic expression for me. Someday, I hope to create my own designs, but right now I'm just knitting other lace designers' patterns, hoping to learn enough to create my own masterpiece someday.

Oh, and thank you all for the wonderful comments on Bella!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I like that very much, I was disappointed with the picture in IK, I'm happy to see it all laid out, maybe I'll actually knit it now.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. So gorgeous. I'm glad you posted this, I needed some inspiration to get moving on mine again.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That's stunning!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty!! Another thing we have in common-I'm also very addicted to lace and am working on my own design, although my lace projects are very few so far.
That's such a wonderful gift.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely- I have begun the Trellis scarf in pink Knitpicks Alpaca cloud- but I put it aside for a while- However after seeing yours I think I will be motivated to get mine finished.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I love a good mystery! :)

Lovely scarf Alison!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

thank you, alison! it is so much work and i really do appreciate it. not to mention it is so beautiful. there was once when i thought lace shawls and stoles are the prettiest form of lace, now i think lace scarfs are too, because i've been a recipient.

thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison,
I'm presently knitting the Trellis Scarf and am at the end. I'm on the Ending Border and it comes out straight across...no points. What did you do to get your BO edge to point? Did you knit as is and just stretch it? Redo the chart so it would come to points? Any advice would be MOST appreciated. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to block mine if it's going to look as good as yours! mwcohnatbellsouthdotnet

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home