Monday, March 13, 2006

A Bit of Spinning

I have something red I'm working on; it's a project that was very close to being done a while back and it got put aside for knitting. I hope I can finish it before March is over, but until then, here is a picture of what's currently on my wheel.

That's the lovely roving I got from The Fiber Denn. It's not quite so shiny; I had to use a fill flash to get the color more accurate, but the picture still doesn't quite capture the richness of the colors. I've separated it into thin strips and I'm spinning it very thin. It's almost effortless. What I'm hoping to do with it is navajo ply and make another Landscape Shawl, but I don't think I'll have quite enough. But the great thing about the Landscape Shawl is its versatility. In other words, I think I can come up with something, maybe a smaller version or even the scarf and something else.

In case you are wondering about that lovely Black Cherry merino/angora from The Woolen Rabbit, I have two ounces sitting on bobbins. I will get those plied before the end of the month since they are keeping with the red/pink theme.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's quite pretty, I love the different colors in it. Can'ts wait to see what it becomes.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Ooh, those colors are great! Thanks for the link; just what I need, more fiber!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

LOVE those colors!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great colors!! I'm impressed.

12:18 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Pretty! Looking forward to seeing pics of the skeins.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

Holy cow girl, that is just beautiful stuff! Delia did a great job dyeing and you are doing a great job spinning! Bea-U-ti-ful! :-)

8:27 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

She makes the most beautiful colors. I love her rovings and yarns.

What a beautiful spinning job; you have inspired me to try harder.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home