Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pink Quilt

In case you haven't noticed, I've pretty much stopped trying to come up with clever titles. I actually haven't done much knitting in the last couple of days as I've gotten sucked into a logic problem magazine. Quite addictive. (I also like Sudoku, but since it's now all the rage, I've been avoiding those puzzles. I usually go against the crowd; I don't watch the popular TV shows and I usually don't care for the actors that everyone else loves on principle, etc. To be honest though, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are major exceptions to that quirk.)

Hmm, I actually did have a point to the post somewhere. Oh, yeah, Project Spectrum. I started a sampler quilt a couple (oh, all right, several) years ago. It has twenty different blocks and each one is different. Every once in a while, I'll get it out, machine piece two or three blocks together and put it back away. I have about thirteen or fourteen squares finished; I figure I'll finish piecing it someday. Quilting it is a whole different story. I've never quilted before and as usual, I started out ambitious. The sampler book starts out with the simpler squares and slowly progresses through more difficult ones. The colors I chose for the quilt fit right in with March's colors (and I'll be able to show a couple more squares in May). You can click on the pictures for a larger view.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at a lost for clever titles right now, too. Blame it on the weather, right?
Love your quilt blocks. I really enjoy sewing quilts, although I haven't sewn one in a while.

1:12 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your quilt blocks are beautiful! I've done Hawaiian quilted pillow shams and such, but I've yet to attempt a whole quilt. It sounds like you're very close to having a whole one done! It'll be wonderful to see the completed quilt through Project Spectrum. Take care, Alison! :-)

1:49 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Sampler quilts are so much fun to do. You've made a great start. I usually fade when it comes time to actually put in the quilting stitches. The piecing is the fast part for me so I end up with quilt tops waiting to be finished.

2:05 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Lovely quilt blocks. You are sorely tempting this old quilt nut.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home