Monday, February 13, 2006

Clapotis Progress

I hope to have some spinning to show you in the next couple of days. With all the snow, it just feels like a spinning sort of week. I do have the Clapotis to show you.

And the obligatory close-up:

I've had some interest in Clapotis in laceweight. So far, I like it. I have used a smaller needle than called for in the pattern (size 5 instead of size 8) and I added several more repeats of the set-up rows. Okay, I was lazy and didn't count exactly how many more repeats I did; I just repeated until it was about the width that I wanted. I think it will be a little wider after all the stitches are dropped. I am having to tease down the dropped stitches a little, but it's not a big deal. And I have to admit that purling the to-be-dropped stitches instead of using markers was not an original idea, but it works really well.

7 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

It's gorgeous!! I really like how the laceweight makes the piece more delicate. I was wondering how many yards of laceweight you think it'll take? I'm considering making one later this year in either laceweight or fingering weight, but am not sure how to ballpark the yardage. Take care, Alison! :-)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It looks great!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking so pretty so far!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

This is a very lovely colourway!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Looking good! I'd like to try this in lace weight one day.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

your work and progress is stunning. being the sporadic, slow knitter that i am, i'm never ceased to be amazed by your knitting progress, not to mention the laces and the cables!

love your clapotis. i didn't wanna make it when it was so extremely popular, but one day, i'll get to it! can't wait to see how big it grows when completed! goodness, you'll be at the finishing line b4 the olympics is over?

3:56 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Just gorgeous! Looks close to being done! And I wish we would get a miniscual particle of snow! But noooo! Everyone around us is gettin the snow.... :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home