Monday, January 23, 2006

No Pictures Today

It's a dreary, rainy day. So no pictures. Just a little update on some things.

No spinning this weekend. Lots of knitting. I'm trying to finish the sweater before my monthly guild meeting which takes place February 6th. I'm up to the armhole of the back and the fronts, but the sleeves are done. When I finish, I need to sew it up and do the button-band. The baby blanket has been started. I'm doing a plain old seed stitch in three shades of blue. I have about two weeks to finish (that's assuming the baby isn't early - am I horrible to hope the baby is just a little late?).

I've also started "training" for the Knitting Olympics. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the Sampler Shawl from Folk Shawls using a laceweight instead of the heavier yarn used in the book. I'm swatching to make sure I'm going to like it before I cast on 401 stitches in February. I'm using Knit Picks Paint Your Own which brings me to my new toy. I broke down and bought a ball winder. There was no way I was balling up two 880-yard skeins of laceweight without it. Now I seriously wish I had broken down and bought one before rolling up 10 or so skeins of the Color Your Own Wool of the Andes. Live and learn.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, a ball winder is one of those things that will quickly have you wondering how you survived without one! Hopefully you have a swift?

8:56 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Ball winders are one of those necessary gadgets. It's also comes in handy if you ever have to fix a skein that comes off the niddy noddy unbalanced.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

yay, glad you got one and found it worth the $$! nothing like $$ well-spent :)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'd love a ball winder-maybe someday. Good for you.

12:29 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Congrats on the new ball winder!! Having just hand-wound 880 yards of laceweight myself, I am thinking that $40 for a winder might be a good investment. ;-) Can't wait to see your shawl! Take care, Alison! :-)

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home